Our next event has been set up to blast Twitter to show our love for Person Of Interest.
This Twitter blast is going to center on why we want more Person Of Interest. We’re going to try for a world wide trend on Twitter.
Twitter doesn’t just track hashtags but it also tracks phrases that are used within a period of time. So we want to see if we can trend a phrase this time and what better way than telling CBS and WarnerBros why we want more Person Of Interest?
So during this two hour Twitter Blast we’ll be using the following phrase:
We Want More Person Of Interest…
then you would list why you want more POI. You can tag other twitter accounts at the end of your tweet like @cbs or @warnerbrostv as well.
Example: We Want More Person Of Interest because of the great writers involved! @cbs @warnerbrostv
No hashtags are needed for this Twitter blast. Do Not Use Hashtags at all during this event.
Please spread the word about this event! The more people who participate the better.
For those who are not as savvy with Twitter this is perhaps the most easy of the events you’ll participate in! All you have to do tweet with We Want More Person Of Interest and then write out why. It’s simple, and easy to do. If you want to tag someone in it after you write it out, you can. Most important though is to not use the Hashtag (#PersonOfInterest) during the two hours. If you do Twitter will filter it out and the trend won’t work.
Remember to be respectful please. We know a lot of people are on edge but it helps to be respectful.
Also if you have an idea of something you’d like to do, please let us know. We have all hiatus to do these events and we want to keep them up, and we will need your help to do that. So ideas are welcome.
We will also be doing classic Twitter Blasts in the future so be on the look out for those.
A couple of tips for those who may not be able to participate or can’t stay the whole time:
1. Download a Twitter app like Tweetdeck. This way you can schedule your Tweets in advance and they will post automatically without you having to be at the computer.
2. Write your Tweets out in a document before hand so you can copy and paste rather than spend time writing during the event.
Some cautions when Tweeting:
1. Don’t tweet too fast. Twitter will “throttle” you if you do. If you do several tweets within a minute, try to take a small break so you don’t get put in time out.
2. DO NOT post the same tweet over and over again.
3. If you do RT Tweets do it slowly. Twitter will put you in time out for doing too many RT’s in a small time period.
4. Do share pictures, quotes, etc during this time!
Share and Enjoy